PIPS Hope and Support Bereavement Support Groups
Newry Group Meets on Last Wednesday of every month @ 8pm
PIPS Hope & Support - Newry Office
50 Mill Street, Newry, Co Down BT34 1AG
Lurgan Group Meets on First Thursday of every month @ 7pm
PIPS Hope and Support - Lurgan Office
Mount Zion House, Edward Street, Lurgan, BT66 6DB
Open Door Policy
The Bereavement Support Group is for families, friends or anyone who has experienced the loss of someone through suicide
This support provides members with an experience of healing and community with other survivors. In addition, it gives participants an opportunity to join in a process which leads to comfort, support and information exchange. We believe that this is best done in the non-confronting small group format, which encourages participation of all members and maximizes the potential of each member to contribute meaningfully to the process. To that end, we suggest the following guidelines:
- Adults learn best by hearing experiences of others, not by getting advice from others. Therefore, it is usually best to say what YOU did in a similar situation, rather than what someone else SHOULD do.
- Inquire to learn more about something. Don't put anyone on trial or try to point out the faults in someone else's thinking or actions.
- Respect the opinions and experience of others. What doesn't work for you may work for someone else.
- Share even if you were unhappy about the outcome of some action. It might help someone else avoid repeating your mistakes.
- Be respectful of other's grief. Don't interrupt.
- Share the time available in the group. Don't monopolise.
- Don't expect others to solve your problems or give you advice.
- Be open to help from people other than the leader.
- The information about themselves which participants share in small groups is CONFIDENTIAL.
- Give yourself a chance. If the first nights meeting doesn't do it for you come back at least three more times before deciding that you are better off somewhere else.
For more information, contact PIPS Hope and Support's Bereavement Support Workers
Rosin Martin - T: 028 3026 6195 - E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa O'Neill - T: 028 3026 6195 - E: email@example.com