PIPS Hope and Support's, Bereavement Support Group meets on the last Wednesday of every month @ 8pm in our Newry Office
This group is open to anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one through suicide, whether they are family members, friends, or acquaintances.
Our support group offers a safe and welcoming environment for members to share their experiences and connect with others who have gone through similar situations. By participating in this group, members can find comfort, support, and valuable information exchange that can help them in their healing journey.
We believe that the best way to achieve this is through a non-confrontational small group format that encourages participation from all members. This approach maximizes the potential of each member to contribute meaningfully to the process and fosters a sense of community among survivors.
To that end, we suggest the following guidelines:
- Adults learn best by hearing experiences of others, not by getting advice from others. Therefore, it is usually best to say what YOU did in a similar situation, rather than what someone else SHOULD do.
- Inquire to learn more about something. Don't put anyone on trial or try to point out the faults in someone else's thinking or actions.
- Respect the opinions and experience of others. What doesn't work for you may work for someone else.
- Share even if you were unhappy about the outcome of some action. It might help someone else avoid repeating your mistakes.
- Be respectful of other's grief. Don't interrupt.
- Share the time available in the group. Don't monopolise.
- Don't expect others to solve your problems or give you advice.
- Be open to help from people other than the leader.
- The information about themselves which participants share in small groups is CONFIDENTIAL.
- Give yourself a chance. If the first nights meeting doesn't do it for you come back at least three more times before deciding that you are better off somewhere else.
For more information, contact PIPS Hope and Support's Bereavement Support Worker
T: 028 3026 6195