The WELL-Bean Cafe
The WELL-Bean Cafe is a piloted project proudly funded and supported by the Southern Health and Social Care Trust.
WHAT IS THE WELL-BEAN CAFE AND WHERE CAN YOU FIND US?
- We will offer professional support to you (counselling and peer support) so that you can better manage your problems.
- This will be provided in An Storas which is a unique social space at the back of the Confederation of Community Groups, Ballybot House in Cornmarket, Newry. You can access the building via the car park.
- Our opening hours are Friday: 6.00pm - 11.00pm Saturday: 12.00pm - 7.00pm Sunday: 12.00pm - 7.00pm Monday: 6.00pm - 11.00pm
- You can contact us on T: 028 3044 2326 to make an appointment to come into the cafe in person. You can make contact with us outside of these hours by ringing T: 028 3026 6195.
- We will support you to open up and talk about your concerns.
- The very heart of our work is to help you resolve your emotional struggles
WHAT DO WE DO?
- We work closely with members of the public who seek support outside usual service hours.
- We listen to each service user and seriously consider everything they say before deciding how best to support them.
- We are involved with other services such as: Dunlewey Substance Abuse, AMH Everybody (Eating distress, Community Advice NI, ) we work with them to promote good mental health and wellbeing and we will signpost you to them when necessary.
- We work to be a catalyst for change and recovery in the lives of people struggling with mental distress.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US?
- We will provide a warm, safe and friendly environment with light refreshments, free of charge.
- If you come to the café, you will be welcomed by one of our trained members of staff who will make you feel relaxed and comfortable.
- You will be greeted by one of our trained volunteers who will listen to your story, if you wish to talk, and decide on the most appropriate form of support.
- You will also be able to speak with one of our professional counsellors if necessary. They will be on site or you can speak to them over the phone as appropriate. Either way, they will provide 1:1 sessions
HOW TO REFER TO THE CAFE
Referrals can be made to The WELL-Bean Cafe by directly contacting:
During Opening Hours contact: T: 028 3044 2326 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside of Opening Hours contact: T: 028 3026 6195 E: email@example.com